- Why .ORGANIC?
- Get .ORGANIC
YouTube Videos to Promote Your Small Business
These days, anytime you talk about marketing, someone's going to mention the V word: video. And once you start talking about creating videos to promote your small business, it's natural to think about YouTube.
In this guide, we'll show you why you need to take YouTube seriously, and how to use it to promote your business. By the end, you'll know how to get started with your own small business video marketing strategy.
The Stats on YouTube and Video Marketing
If you're wondering why your business should be on YouTube, the platform's own stats are a great place to start. For example, YouTube has more than a billion users, which means more than one-third of people on the internet are using it. As a small business, you can't ignore the size of the potential audience.
Plus, people are likely looking for your brand on YouTube. The three most searched brands on YouTube get more than 3 million searches a month. Then, there are the user demographics. According to their own stats, in the US alone, YouTube reaches more 18-34 year olds than any TV network.
And video has become the most popular way for consumers to get information, according to research from Wyzowl. It shows that 68% of people would rather watch a short video to learn more about a new product or service than view a blog post, infographic, ebook or other digital format.
In addition, video is a proven way to win business. Wyzowl's research shows that 96% of people watch a video to learn about a product or service, and 79% of people say they were convinced to make a purchase after watching a video.
The bottom line: video marketers get more leads and sales.
5 Types of YouTube Videos Small Businesses Can Create
If you've decided to launch your YouTube channels, here are a few useful types of videos you can make:
- Explainer videos give an overview of your business, product or service.
- How-to videos tell your customers how to accomplish specific tasks with your product or service. For example, if you run a flower shop, you can create videos on how to create beautiful arrangements. Sometimes these are screencast videos where you record and narrate what's happening on the screen.
- Product videos show your product and what it can do. The video may include different product views and features. You can also show people using your product.
- Testimonial videos show your customers talking about why they love your products and services.
- Fun videos show a little of your personality while demonstrating your products or services. Blendtec has attracted hundreds of thousands of YouTube subscribers with its Will it Blend series, where it puts all kinds of items into a blender.
Try videos of each type and see what your audience finds most appealing.
4 Tips for Improving Your Videos
If you're going to promote your business with YouTube videos, here are some additional tips for success.
- Keep videos short. Animoto suggests that the ideal length for explainer and testimonial videos is under a minute, while for product videos it's between one and two minutes. Any longer, and people lose interest.
- Write your script in advance, and keep that short, too. You won't need more than a couple hundred words for any video if you're sticking to the recommended length. Use this video script template from Hubspot to help.
- If you can, add subtitles. Many people watch videos with the sound off.
- Add a transcript in the description. This will make it easier for people to find your video, but also helps people who like to have a description they can refer to later. This is especially helpful for how-to videos.
Promote Your Videos Beyond YouTube
Once you've created a YouTube video, make sure to also share it on other social media platforms (like your Facebook page and LinkedIn profile), as well as on your website to promote your small business to even more people.
If you're creating a series of videos, you may also want to register a dedicated domain and set up a campaign landing page to promote your videos — and get more visitors for your efforts and budget.