- Why .ORGANIC?
- Get .ORGANIC
ORGANIC FENNEL AND BACON BREAD STUFFING
Warm and cozy, savory and flavorful, this delicious rustic bacon and fennel stuffing recipe will wow your family and friends during Thanksgiving dinner this week! Organic fennel and bacon magically take your dowhy dressing to stupendous stuffing in no time!
- 2 cups organic pecans (optional)
- Your favorite bread (corn , buttermilk, rye, white etc.)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 slices organic bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (may we recommend our pioneer Applegate's Sunday Bacon? MMMM)
- 1 bulb fennel, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups onions
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups turkey (or chicken) stock
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Poultry Seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast the pecans for 7 min. Let cool slightly; coarsely chop. Mix pecans and bread in a large bowl.
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat until almost crisp, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add fennel and onions. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in thyme and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt; season with pepper and poultry seasoning. Transfer to a large bowl with bread mixture.
- Back to that Skillet bring up to medium-high heat, and add stock; bring to a simmer, scraping up brown bits and stirring constantly be sure to grab all the fond on the bottom of the pan. Add that the Bowel, Stir in eggs gently mix with bread mixture. (Do not overmix.) Transfer to baking dish. Top with butter. Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Tell us what you think! To learn more about our chef, click here.
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!